Painting & Coating
The painting department works closely with all marine paint supply companies. All team members are able to prepare surfaces and apply coatings to the highest marine standards. The shipyard provides full access to all work areas via access platforms, staging, crane and basket.
The department also offers an onsite shotblast unit where fabrications and pipework can be prepared prior to coating.
MMS provide the following services:
- High pressure fresh water washing from 4,500 to 12,000 psi
- Mechanical disking, hand scraping & degreasing
- Dry grit blasting to all SA standards (via blast hopper)
- Airless spray paint application
- Tank blasting and painting
- Application of all major paint manufacturers coating systems
- General tank and bilge cleaning, preparation and coating